Fundraise for The I AM Foundation
"The greatest gift you can give is the gift of learning." -Oprah
Is your school/organization in need of books? Please fill out our recipient application.
The I AM Foundation
responded to the devastation wreaked by Hurricane Katrina immediately
by providing over 42,000 books to children and families affected by
this disaster. Here is a letter testifying to the impact The I AM
Foundation had on these families:
the I AM Book and Music Gifting Team, Katrina's Angels would be at a
loss to help the children in the gulf. Conquering illiteracy is a cause
near and dear to my heart. When I first learned of the I AM Foundation,
I had no idea what a blessing the organization would be to Katrina's
Angels and their clients…. Katrina's Angels wants to take this time to
thank you and your foundation for all you are doing to support the
efforts of Katrina's Angels to provide direct help in the
poverty-stricken and now hurricane-ravaged gulf areas. " - Karen Iwicki, Resource Director, Katrina's Angels
1. McQuillan, Jeff. The Literacy Crisis: False Claims, Real Solutions. 1998
2. Nord, C.W., Lennon, J., Liu, B., Chandler, K. (1999). Home Literacy Activities and Signs of Children's Emerging Literacy: 1993 and 1999. (from the National Center for Family Literacy, 2005.)
3. McQuillan, Jeff . "The Literacy Crisis: False Claims, Real Solutions." 1998.
4. Barton, P.E., & Coley, R.J. (1992). America's Smallest School: The Family. (from the National Center for Family Literacy, 2005.)
5. Butler, Owen. "Early Help for Kids at Risk: Our Nation's Best Investment." National Education Association, 1989.
6. The Condition of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, 1993.
7. Reading Literacy in the United States, 1996. US Department of Education.
8. Joseph Dalaker and Naifeh, Mary. "Poverty in the United States: 1997" United States Bureau of the Census, September, 1998.9. 9. McQuillan, Jeff. "The Literacy Crisis: False Claims, Real Solutions." 1998.